(Assistive Devices @SPASTN)
For most people, technology makes things easier. For people with disabilities, technology makes things possible. —Mary Pat Radabaugh.
To prevent stigma and exclusion provision of Assistive Devices/ Assistive Technology are the two enablers that levels the playing field so that we CREATE an OPPORTUNITY for enabling Education, Employment, Participation and Inclusion into the community.
As defined by UNICEF Assistive technology is used as an umbrella term for both assistive products and related services. Assistive products are also known as assistive devices.
The assistive devices we provide to the user to increases their independence and improve participation.
In SPASTN we provide custom-molded, individually designed shoe insert or ankle braces at reasonable cost. The Department of Physiotherapy or Speech Therapy usually recommends and prescribes the device specifications and the same is custom designed. Orthotics devices help to:
- aligning and supporting the foot or ankle
- preventing, correcting or accommodating foot deformities
- improving the overall function of the foot or ankle
- Customized manual wheelchairs, Walking aids, Parallel bars, hand or leg splints,
- Specialized Corner chair, supportive seat, standing frame,
- Adapted cutlery and cooking utensils, dressing stick, shower seat, toilet seat, toilet frame, drinking glass etc leverage, such as bold felt-tip markers or soft lead pencils or customized pencil holder to assist children with Cerebral Palsy or Multiple disability
Communication cards with texts, communication board with letters, books, symbols or pictures.
- Enlarged Text
- Hand Magnifiers
- Adaptive Book holders
- Writing grids
Contact US as we also take orders from individual users and from other NGOs.